[Rd] Unexpected behaviour of "next line" in gdb

pleydell at supagro.inra.fr pleydell at supagro.inra.fr
Sat Sep 5 10:36:26 CEST 2009

I compile some C code using

R CMD SHLIB buggyCode.c --ggdb --O0

I thought the -O0 flag would avoid gdb ~ optimisation problems. But each time I
step through the code in gdb using "n" (next line) the executed line order is
not as expected ("looks" more like a random walk around the expected next
line). So to me it looks like there is still a gdb ~ optimisation conflict.

Does this mean I have to have a copy of R compiled from source using the -O0
flag too?

thanks
David

--