[Rd] Non-GPL packages for R

Prof. John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Fri Sep 11 15:07:03 CEST 2009

The responses to my posting yesterday seem to indicate more consensus
than I expected:
1) CRAN should be restricted to GPL-equivalent licensed packages
2) r-forge could be left "buyer beware" using DESCRIPTION information
3) We may want a specific repository for restricted packages (RANC?)

How to proceed? A short search on Rseek did not turn up a chain of
command for CRAN.

I'm prepared to help out with documentation etc. to move changes
forward. They are not, in my opinion, likely to cause a lot of trouble
for most users, and should simplify things over time.

JN