[Rd] DESCRIPTION/OS_type and OS X

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Sep 12 16:49:37 CEST 2009

R Extensions (Section 1.1.1, and using the 2.9.2 version) says

      The optional `OS_type' field specifies the OS(es) for which the
  package is intended.  If present, it should be one of `unix' or
  `windows', and indicates that the package should only be installed on a
  platform with `.Platform$OS.type' having that value.

and I am wondering if 'OS_type: unix' includes OS X or not.  I am currently
updating RInside which builds on the two unixy OS variants.  Would I exclude
OS X by picking OS_type: unix ?  I don't think so but maybe this could be
made more explicit in the paragraph above.

Dirk