[Rd] Windows Source Install Without Rtools

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 00:07:10 CEST 2009

Does that mean that

   Rcmd INSTALL --binary myPackage/

is still ok or should one use:

   Rcmd INSTALL myPackage/

without --binary and is this advice the same with and without Rtools?

Also, as there is potential confusion here could the combinations of flags
that are not recommended result in a warning? In the latter case at least
one knows right off that its not the thing to do and can immediately abort
and try something else if they don't want to suffer the consequences of
bad help linking.