[Rd] Windows Source Install Without Rtools

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 02:36:10 CEST 2009

The software and manuals are not yet in readily accessible
form on CRAN based on the date of the feature and I would
prefer not to have to build it myself when any day now it will
be there automatically anyways.

Also, I was hoping to avoid a frustrating session of trial and error
when surely someone in the core team already knows the likely
answer. Building a package takes time and repeatedly trying it
with different flags is time consuming.

We are only discussing one line of code:

  R CMD ...something...