[Rd] cannot build R-devel (>= r49747)

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:50:28 CEST 2009

On 09/22/2009 11:41 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 22/09/2009 5:30 AM, Romain Francois wrote:

>>> AHA! Yes, that makes sense
>>>
>>> R_KEEP_PKG_SOURCE=yes make
>>>
>>> breaks for me too with the unprotect_ptr message (SUSE 64bit this time).
>>>

>> I can now track this down to these lines in gram.(y|c)
>>
>> if (!isNull(ParseState.SrcFile))
>> UNPROTECT_PTR(ParseState.SrcFile);
>>
>> The error occurs the first time ParseState.SrcFile is not null.
>
> Thanks for this info. I can track it down now.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Good. You'll probably be able to fix it much faster.

My only guess is that some extra care is needed when UNPROTECT_PTR'ing
environments, because if I comment this, then the same problem occurs in
R_FinalizeSrcRefState(SrcRefState *state) at the end of the parse.

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast