[Rd] Rcmdr package dependencies

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 22 20:54:47 CEST 2009

Dear Gabor,

I thought of this solution but rejected it, perhaps too hastily, because it
seemed awkward. I suppose, however, that since the Rcmdr package would be
unchanged, a user could choose to install it as at present with
dependencies=TRUE, or alternatively install the RcmdrInstall package and
avoid the recursive installation of suggested packages. Maybe the idea is a
good one after all.

Thank you,
 John