[Rd] Difference Linux / Windows

Seth Falcon seth at userprimary.net
Thu Apr 1 00:38:53 CEST 2010

On 3/31/10 1:12 PM, Christophe Genolini wrote:
> Hi the list,
> I am writing a package that happen to not be compatible with linux
> because I did not know that the function "savePlot" was available only
> on windows. Is there a list of "incompatible" function? How can I get
> this kind of information?

One way is to obtain a copy of the R sources and then grep the Rd files
for '#ifdef'.

I don't claim this is convenient.

There has been discussion, and I believe general consensus, that we'd
like to eliminate the conditional documentation.  This requires editing
the Rd files to make the contents sensible (you can't just remove the
#ifdef's).  Patches along these lines would be welcome.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | @sfalcon | http://userprimary.net/