[Rd] Difference Linux / Windows

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Thu Apr 1 17:59:44 CEST 2010

Since this seems more like a wish-list discussion, if someone actually
starts thinking about the issue I would like to add the following
somewhat related point:

It would be nice if there were a mechanism, in task views or that could
be used by task views, to avoid attempting to install packages that will
fail on the platform. The current ctv mechanism is difficult for system
administrators because they actually have to know enough about R
packages to decide which failures are ok and which ones are not.

Paul

La version française suit le texte anglais.

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank of
Canada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or copying of this
unauthorized. If you received this email in error please delete it immediately from

Le présent courriel peut contenir de l'information privilégiée ou confidentielle.
La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion,
personne autre que le ou les destinataires désignés est interdite. Si vous recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le supprimer immédiatement et envoyer sans délai à
l'expéditeur un message électronique pour l'aviser que vous avez éliminé de votre
ordinateur toute copie du courriel reçu.