[Rd] Difference Linux / Windows

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Apr 1 21:03:29 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Simon Urbanek
<simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2010, at 18:38 , Seth Falcon wrote:
>
>> On 3/31/10 1:12 PM, Christophe Genolini wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi the list,
>>> I am writing a package that happen to not be compatible with linux
>>> because I did not know that the function "savePlot" was available only
>>> on windows. Is there a list of "incompatible" function? How can I get
>>> this kind of information?
>>
>> One way is to obtain a copy of the R sources and then grep the Rd files
>> for '#ifdef'.
>>
>> I don't claim this is convenient.
>>

> nor sufficient - lot of it is simply in the windows directory (such as
> savePlot).
> The safest approach right now is simply to read the documentation - savePlot
> does tell you that it works only for the Windows device. I'm not aware of an
> automated list (save for dumping the function lists per-package on each
> platform).

 It works only on the "windows()" device on the Windows platform. The
savePlot function *is* on the Linux platform (contrary to OP message,
modulo whether a mention of 'windows' meant the platform or the
device) but only for Cairo x11() devices.

Clear?

Barry