[Rd] Rtools for building 64 bit windows packages

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Thu Apr 22 23:06:02 CEST 2010

Duncan Murdoch-2 wrote:

> You can use the Rtools for the stuff other than the compilers.  You need
> the MinGW 64 bit versions of the compilers; they are not nicely packaged
> yet, but the instructions for finding them are in the new version of the
> R-admin manual, in the section 3.3, "Building R for 64 bit Windows".

Ahh, thank you Duncan- this was exactly the information I was looking for.
When I looked in R-admin this morning, I skipped straight to Appendix D as I
wasn't interested in building R, just packages.

Thanks again!

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University