[Rd] problem with Rcmdr Plugins

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Apr 25 21:54:04 CEST 2010

Dear Erin,

I'm not sure why this is a problem with R 2.11.0 and not with earlier
versions (I'm sure that someone else will be able to answer), but it is
unnecessary for your plug-in package to require rgl, since rgl is already
loaded by the Rcmdr package at startup if it is present. The same is true of
tseries, abind, and MASS.

I hope this helps,
 John

--------------------------------
John Fox
Senator William McMaster
  Professor of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
web: socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox

On
> Behalf Of Hodgess, Erin
> Sent: April-25-10 2:48 PM
> To: r-devel at r-project.org
> Subject: [Rd] problem with Rcmdr Plugins
>
> Dear R Development People:
>
> I have written a couple of plugins for Rcmdr and they do not seem to work
> with R-2.11.0.
>
> Here is the output:
> > library(RcmdrPlugin.epack)
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>
> Rcmdr Version 1.5-4
>

> Attaching package: 'Rcmdr'
>
> The following object(s) are masked from 'package:tcltk':
>
>     tclvalue

>     'tseries' version: 0.10-22
>
>     'tseries' is a package for time series analysis and computational
>     finance.
>
>     See 'library(help="tseries")' for details.

> Error : package 'rgl' is required by 'RcmdrPlugin.epack' so will not be
> detached
> Error in library(RcmdrPlugin.epack) :
>   .First.lib failed for 'RcmdrPlugin.epack'
> >

> This is on a Windows XP.  I'm downloading the Rcmdr requirements on a
Linux