[Rd] a side note to the Rcmdr issue

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 26 10:29:58 CEST 2010

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010, John Fox wrote:

> Dear Erin,
>
> Unlike in previous version of R for Windows, the package list is
> alphabetized with uppercase letters preceding lowercase letters. Thus look
> under uppercase "R" and then lowercase "c".

Actually, that is not the case: the list is in whatever order the
repositories provide, ordered by repository, and in previous versions
of R it was sorted in the locale (which as you are both most likely in
a Windows American English locale, would sort the way John describes).

It's a somewhat accidental result of removing support for bundles that
the list was no longer sorted, and I'll add the sort back.