[Rd] 00LOCK and nfs

Tony Plate tplate at acm.org
Tue Apr 27 16:36:17 CEST 2010

I have some tools and an R package that together provide a solution to
the problem of updating an R package while it is attached in one or more
running R sessions (whether on the same machine or not.)  The technique
is to always create a new directory for the newly installed package, so
that existing installed packages are never overwritten.  The tricky part
is to manage this in a way that is transparent to the user, which is
what the package accomplishes.  If this is any interest in this I could
make it available; email me privately or respond on the list.

-- Tony Plate