[Rd] Rd2dvi pagination of index in pdf manual

Murray Efford murray.efford at otago.ac.nz
Wed Apr 28 14:12:48 CEST 2010

I construct a pdf package manual in Windows 7 using
R CMD Rd2dvi --pdf --no-preview [packagename]
Page numbers are listed correctly under 'R topics documented' at the front, but incorrectly (offset by -2 pages) in the Index at the back. Following the hyperlinked page numbers in the Index takes you to the wrong page. 2 pages happens to be the length of the package overview man page inserted (out of alphabetical order) after 'R topics documented'.

I'd be grateful for suggestions on what might be causing this and how I might fix it. I'm using R 2.10.1 and Rtools 2.10.1.
Murray Efford