[Rd] c.POSIXct

Vitaly S. spinuvit.list at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 00:02:05 CEST 2010

Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com> writes:

>        I'm with Gabor on this.  I naively would not expect c() to strip attributes generally, and I've been
> surprise more than once to find the time zone attribute stripped when I did not expect that.
>

>       Might it make sense to add an argument like "keepAttributes=FALSE" to the "c" function?  Then people like
> Gabor and me would know that we would have to specify "keepAttributes = TRUE" if we wanted attributes to be kept.

I often find myself using c() just to strip attributes when manipulating arrays
in simulation. c() is probably already quite complex function,
"keepAttributes=FALSE" would complicate it even more and impact the speed.

Given that, I wonder why there is no dedicated function to strip attributes.
Am I missing anything?

Vitaly.