[Rd] Sweave <<*, showWarnings=TRUE>> ?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 13:10:01 CEST 2010

Martin Maechler wrote:
> Thank you Duncan, for expanding Sweave functionality,
> notably considering error handling.
>
> Related to that is the topic of handling warning messages.

I thought someone (Fritz?  One of the Sweave support package writers?)
was working on the issue of including error and warning messages in
Sweave output.  My changes don't address that problem.

The changes I'm going to make will only be visible in syntax errors.  R
currently has the underlying support to allow it to report source file
line numbers in execution time error messages, but it isn't taken
advantage of in many places.  If that is expanded, my Sweave changes
should take advantage of it automatically.

Duncan Murdoch