[Rd] C or Java code generation

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:15:35 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Vyacheslav Karamov
<ubuntulist at yandex.ru> wrote:
x.ru>>>

>>           Hi All!
>>
>>           I'm new to R and I need to know is it possible for R to
>>        generate
>>           C/C++ source code, Java byte code or native Win32 DLL like
>>        MatLab?
>
> Is there any posibility to use R without installing?
> I mean that I have my own application written in MS Visual C++ and I need to
> use R script in this app. I can install R and use it via DCOM, but it's not
> convenient for  the end users of my  program.

Do your users have Web access? If so, you can set up an Rweb (or
similar) server that could run the jobs for those users. I have one
set up like that. Users transmit their code via http and can get
results back in web page.  I think you could probably program around
the output management question, but I did not try to do it. I mean,
something like "wget" could download the images directly, by-passing
the http server.

Rweb has been abandoned by its original author, but it can be made to
work, and there are other, newer http server programs to run R.  I
have not tried them yet, mainly because my customers needed to run
Rweb because their clients told them to use it.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science