[Rd] No RTFM?

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta cgb at datanalytics.com
Sat Aug 21 14:17:25 CEST 2010

Hello,

RTFM is a succinct and useful answer in many cases, yet somewhat
impolite. A not much more verbose verbose version of it, possibly still
more useful, and quite polite would be something like:

"Please, read rule #NN at http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html"

(asuming that paragraphs at the Posting Guide were numbered and number
NN would point to the paragraph "Do your homework before posting"):

* It includes the word "please".
* It increases awareness of the Posting Guide
* It provides a direct link to it.
* The information under such paragraph is very informative and helpful.

One of the purposes of the different R help lists should be serving as a
public relations platforms so as to promote the use of R.

Regards,

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta
http://www.datanalytics.com