[Rd] GPL and R Community Policies (Rcpp)

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Dec 2 16:36:30 CET 2010

Yes, I agree, Spencer.  The worst thing that can happen is for your
ideas/creations to go completely unnoticed.

Here is what David Hume had to say about how his first philosophical work
(Treatise of Human Nature) was received:

"Never literary attempt was more unfortunate than my Treatise of Human
Nature. It fell dead-born from the press, without reaching such distinction
as even to excite a murmur among the zealots"

So, Dominick - please cheer up and try to find some solace in that your work
has had an influence on the R community!

Best,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology School of Medicine Johns
Hopkins University

Ph. (410) 502-2619
email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu