[Rd] Enough (was: Terminology clarification (Re: GPL and R Community Policies (Rcpp))

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Sat Dec 4 18:12:02 CET 2010

Dear Dominick,

Thank you so much for the numerous reminders about this request of yours.

You will be pleased to know that as part of our ongoing search for
quality, the current development version of the Rcpp package no longer
contains code from what we call the `classic Rcpp' API. We owe this
classic API to your contribution and for that we are grateful. It will
be released as another package outside of Rcpp as a courtesy to R users
and CRAN package maintainers who still want to use this API which we
consider deprecated.

As of the current svn status of Rcpp (rev 2711 on r-forge), your name
appears in several places, detailed below. Feel free to take whatever
actions you find appropriate if this does not suit your needs.

Lastly, please do not take R-devel hostage of this thread anymore. Feel
free to send your questions and remarks to the place where it belongs:
the Rcpp-devel mailing list.

Regards,

Romain

$ grep -R Samperi * | grep -v .svn
Dominick Samperi.
debian/copyright:R / C++ interface package. Rcpp was written by Dominick
Samperi,
debian/copyright:   2005 and 2006 by Dominick Samperi
inst/announce/ANNOUNCE-0.6.0.txt:Rcpp was initially written by Dominick
Samperi as part of his contributions
inst/doc/Rcpp-introduction.Rnw:\pkg{Rcpp} first appeared in 2005 as a
contribution (by Samperi) to the
inst/doc/Rcpp-introduction.Rnw:in early 2006. Several releases (all by
Samperi) followed in quick succession
inst/doc/Rcpp.bib:  author =	 {Dominick Samperi},
inst/doc/Rcpp.bib:@Manual{Samperi:2009:RcppTemplate,
inst/doc/Rcpp.bib:  author =	 {Dominick Samperi},
inst/README:Rcpp continues and extends earlier work by Dominick Samperi
which he initially
inst/THANKS:Dominick Samperi        for starting what we now call the
Classic Rcpp
man/Rcpp-package.Rd:  The initial versions of Rcpp were written by
Dominick Samperi during 2005 and
src/Makevars.win:# (C) Dominick Samperi and Uwe Ligges and gratefully
acknowledged

* In the DESCRIPTION file [1] in the Description field
* In the debian/copyright file [2]
* in the ANNOUNCE-0.6.0.txt file which records the announcement that was
made about the relauch of Rcpp. The file is a plain text copy of the
email that was sent to the R-pkgs mailing list on 2008/12/03 [3].
* In the Rcpp-introduction.Rnw file [4]. In the Historical context
subsection.
* In the Rcpp.bib file [5] that we use to reference to creations of yours.
* In the README file [6] where we acknowledge that Rcpp initiated from you.
* In the THANKS file [7] where we acknowledge your involvment.
* In the Makevars.win file [8]

[1]
https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/*checkout*/pkg/Rcpp/DESCRIPTION?root=rcpp
[2]