[Rd] wcstombs error when compiling package with Debian/Ubuntu

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Wed Feb 10 22:40:17 CET 2010

Dear Dirk,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I am afraid that a small self-contained example will not solve the
problem, since in this example I would need to add "#include
<stdlib.h>", and as you can see from:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2009-August/029192.html
adding "#include <stdlib.h>" to some C++ *.cxx files did solve the problem.

The question is, why did this user need to add "#include <stdlib.h>" on
Debian, while this is not necessary on OpenSUSE11.1 and MacOS X?

Best regards
Christian