[Rd] Feature Request: Multiline Comments

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Feb 15 04:56:41 CET 2010

Saptarshi Guha <saptarshi.guha <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> Is it possible to extend the R lexer/parser to include multiline comments like
> /*
> acomment
>
> */
> ?
> This way I can integrate emacs org-mode with my R code, so that I can
> have a table of contents,
> section folding, html-output of source etc.

  This comes up from time to time, and the typical answer is "no,
it's not that easy, block-commenting and -uncommenting is easy in
any code editor (including Emacs). However, there are a number of
R/Emacs/ESS gurus on this list, and maybe someone will answer your
more general "is there a way to integrate org-mode with my R code"
question ...

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02/archive/91555.html