[Rd] R logo as SVG ?

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:12:46 CET 2010

On 21 February 2010 14:48, Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> A while ago I played around with creating a new R logo using vector
> graphics. I took the current logo as a starting point. Here's some
> samples on different coloured backgrounds:
>
> http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings/Graphics/Logo/R/logos.svg
>
> I figured maybe for R 3.0 it would be cool to have an R made from a 1
> and a 2....

That's funny, when I saw your logo yesterday in google images I didn't
see the 1 and 2 but rather thought it was showing a lambda for some
reason.

Personally, I've always been curious to unravel the elliptical
construction hidden in that grey area surrounding R.  That'd be a nice
side-effect of having a 3D model in povray (*); we could rotate it and
see the other side. Sadly I don't have the skill. I wonder if RGL or
Blender could make this easier yet still reproducible.

Best,

baptiste

(*) a neat example is at: http://www.imagico.de/pov/icons.html