[Rd] PROTECT and OCaml GC.

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Sat Jan 9 02:04:11 CET 2010

Guillaume Yziquel a écrit :
> Simon Urbanek a écrit :
>>
>> If you have suggestions for extending the API, feel free to post them
>> with exact explanations how in general that extensions could be useful
>> (general is the key word here - I think so far it was rather to hack
>> around your way of implementing it). [And FWIW tryEval *is* part of
>> the API].
>
> Concerning tryEval, I had a look at context.c, and it says:
>
>> /*
>>   R_tryEval is in Rinternals.h (so public), but not in the API.
>>  */

And concerning tryEval, there's one feature I miss: there is error
handling capabilities, but to my knowledge, it provides a boolean status
back. True or false. Is it possible to get a full error message back, so
that it can be analysed and translated to OCaml exceptions?

--
      Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/