[Rd] optional package dependency

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 07:12:51 CET 2010

Hi Ross,

The quantmod package makes available routines from a variety of
contributed packages, but gets around your issues with a bit of, um,
trickery.

Take a look here (unless your name is Kurt ;-) ):

http://r-forge.r-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/pkg/R/buildModel.methods.R?rev=367&root=quantmod&view=markup

It would be nice to have Suggests really mean suggests to check, but I
am sure there is a good reason it doesn't.

HTH
Jeff