[Rd] Problem with R math library.

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Thu Jan 28 17:59:01 CET 2010

Guillaume Yziquel a écrit :
> Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :
>>
>> Salut Guilluame,

>> currently systematically returns -8.77332116900134373.
>> value? | Is there a way the math library should be initialised?
>>
>> I think it is pretty clearly documented in R-exts:
>>
>>   However, before these are used, the user must call
>>          GetRNGstate();
>>     and after all the required variates have been generated, call
>>          PutRNGstate();
>>     These essentially read in (or create) `.Random.seed' and write it out
>>   after use.
>
> Fair enough. I admit I've been busy with low detail stuff, and omitted
> to come back to R-exts.
>
> However, I have another question on which I do not find information (I
> found it once, but do not know how to find it again...): What's the big
> difference between using the R mathematical library in standalone mode
> and not in standalone mode? How does it translate in terms of C
> directives and linking modalities? I've noticed the MATHLIB_STANDALONE
> macro, but I do not know how I should use it...
>
> All the best,

OK. So concerning the headers:

#define MATHLIB_STANDALONE
#include <Rmath.h>

Concerning dependencies: compile against only libRmath.so. Not against
libR.so. (I wonder why this is so crucial, though...)

Concerning documentation: Section 9 The standalone Rmath library from
the R-admin.pdf documentation.

This solved my problem, since I'm able to generated random values with
norm_rand, unif_rand, etc...

Thank you for your help.

--
      Guillaume Yziquel