[Rd] POSIXlt matching bug

Sklyar, Oleg (London) osklyar at ahl.com
Fri Jul 2 09:27:05 CEST 2010

POSIXlt is a list and it is not a list of dates or times, it is a list
of

> x <- as.POSIXlt(Sys.Date())
> names(x)
[1] "sec"   "min"   "hour"  "mday"  "mon"   "year"  "wday"  "yday"
"isdst"

So if you want to match these things, you should use POSIXct or any
other numeric-based format (as POSIXct is just a double value for the
number of seconds since 1970-01-01) e.g.

> z <- as.POSIXct(Sys.Date())
> x <- as.POSIXct(Sys.Date())
> z==x
[1] TRUE