[Rd] constrained optimization

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Wed Jul 7 15:10:18 CEST 2010

Hi Christophe,

I have an algorithm for solving nonlinearly constrained optimization. It is
a combination of an interior point (for inequalities) algorithm with an
augmented Lagrangian (for equalities).  It is coded entirely in R, and hence
is a bit slow, but it seems to do the job quite robustly in terms of
handling poor starting values.  I can send this to you, if you are
interested.

Ravi.