[Rd] constrained optimization

Jelmer Ypma jelmerypma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 21:17:11 CEST 2010

As far as I know, the reference describing the algorithm is:
A. Wächter and L. T. Biegler.
On the implementation of a primal-dual interior point filter line
search algorithm for large-scale nonlinear programming.
Mathematical Programming, 106(1):25-57, 2006.

There are more references here:
http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node205.html

I wouldn't mind putting the interface on CRAN, except that I don't
know how that would work, since compilation of Ipopt is not
straightforward (due to dependencies). There are some pre-compiled
libraries of Ipopt available, but I haven't tried these. On Windows
and Linux I successfully installed Ipopt and the R interface from
source. Ideas on how to make the installation process easier for users
are very welcome!

Jelmer