[Rd] Plot window does not update in embedded code

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jul 21 21:45:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 21 July 2010, Jan van der Laan wrote:
> How do I ensure that the windows keep being updated?

in RKWard we run the following periodically during idle phases:

// this basically copied from R's unix/sys-std.c (Rstd_ReadConsole)
#ifndef Q_WS_WIN
	for (;;) {
		fd_set *what;
		what = R_checkActivityEx(R_wait_usec > 0 ? R_wait_usec : 50, 1,
Rf_onintr);
		R_runHandlers(R_InputHandlers, what);
		if (what == NULL) break;
	}
	/* This seems to be needed to make Rcmdr react to events. Has this always
been the case? It was commented out for a long time, without anybody noticing.
*/
	R_PolledEvents ();
#else
	R_ProcessEvents();