[Rd] Table vs unique

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Jul 22 23:30:03 CEST 2010

 Thanks to both Brian and Goran for the suggestions.  I've now added the following
to the code:

    # Round the survival times just a little.  Otherwise unique() and
    #  table() can give a different list of unique times, and both are
    #  used in the subsequent routines.  A test case with times of
    #  sqrt(2)^2 and 2 revealed this issue.  Normally double.digits is
    #  53 in base 2, which leads to 15 decimal digits.
    digits <- floor((.Machine$double.digits -1) *
                    logb(.Machine$double.base,10)) #base 10 digits
    Y[,1] <- signif(Y[,1], digits)
    if (ncol(Y)==3) Y[,2] <- signif(Y[,2],digits)

It will migrate to CRAN in due course.
   Terry T