[Rd] CRAN updates?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Jul 27 22:15:09 CEST 2010

On Jul 27, 2010, at 9:56 AM, Dominick Samperi wrote:

> It appears that after a package is updated the CRAN binaries for some OS's
> are built
> automatically and shortly after the update, while other OS's are not updated
> for
> some time (weeks in some cases).
>
> Is the process automated or is it partially manual for some OS's (like
> Windows/w64
> and Mac OS X)?

It is automated on Mac OS X (currently R builds start at midnight and package builds at 2am ET).

Cheers,
Simon

PS: If you see delays (i.e. the check result is not available more than two days after the package is available on CRAN) it's a good idea to contact the corresponding binary maintainer (for OS X it's me) since things can break (packages can run mad and external servers can die).