[Rd] #Rscript error on Windows 7 operating system

emorway emorway at engr.colostate.edu
Thu Jun 3 00:21:37 CEST 2010

Forum,

I've been running some parameter estimation software (UCODE which is
maintained by the USGS) that has the capability of running models in
parallel on a local network.  Each additional processor I can incorporate
into the parent-child network helps cut the overall runtime, which is
currently on the order of days.  When a signal is sent to a child (or slave)
processor a series of commands take place, among which some R kriging
commands are called from a batch file.

I recently gained access to a new quad-core machine that is running windows
7 and for some reason when the R batch commands are invoked (or called) by
the parent (or master) machine the following error message results:

c:\...\>#Rscript KrigCommandsWithAnisotropy_US_Layer1.bat
Warning: This script has only been tested on Windows XP.
\R\R-2.11.0\library\JGR\jgr.exe was unexpected at this time.

Running the batch file on Windows XP or Windows Server 08 operating systems
works OK.  However, I did have to change a security setting like so:

Settings... Control Panel... Administrative tools... Microsoft .NET
Framework Configuration... Right Click Runtime Security Policy... Choose
Adjust Security... Next... Local Intranet and adjust to "Full Trust"...
Next...

I've been unable to find this security setting in Windows 7, but I'm not
sure it is related to the error message quoted above.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this kind of request.  If I need
to repost on R-Help I'll delete it here.

Thanks,
Eric