[Rd] CHM help does not find help docs in package stats

Thaler, Thorn, LAUSANNE, Applied Mathematics Thorn.Thaler at rdls.nestle.com
Fri Jun 11 12:06:46 CEST 2010

Hi all,

currently I'm working on an R package bundling some frequently used
functions. When I load my package and type

?one_of_my_functions

I get the particular help file. If I try to get help on another
function, which is part of package stats (prcomp say), I get "This
program cannot display the webpage". A help on ?mean does, however, work
as it opens a new window showing the help on mean.

There is another peculiarity, if it happens that I requested a help file
for a function in the package stats before I used the help on one of my
functions, everything works out fine.

Does anybody know how I can get rid of this annoying behavior? It has to
have something to do with my particular package, since everything works
as expected with another package of mine.

I override one of the functions of stats (biplot.default), which is,
however, not exported and resides within my namespace. Could that be the
reason?

Any help highly appreciated. Thanks + BR,

Thorn