[Rd] proposed change to 'sample'

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 23:11:36 CEST 2010

William Dunlap wrote:
> [...]

Hmm, that doesn't really solve the issue does it? I.e., you still cannot
conveniently sample from a vector that is possibly of size 1.

I would be more inclined to make sampling from a vector the normal case,
and default x to say 1:max(n, size), forcing users to say sample(n=5) if
sampling from x=1:5 is desired. This could be a manageable change; the
deprecation sequence is a bit painful to think through, though.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com