[Rd] [R] converting result of substitute to 'ordidnary'expression

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Mon Jun 28 16:36:29 CEST 2010

> ## this does work (thanks to the help page), but one needs to remember to
> call eval
> subset(dat, eval(subsetexp))
> Is there a way to create subsetexp that needs no eval inside the call to
> subset()?

Whats wrong with needing to call eval ?  If I'm reading that code, and
someone else wrote it, or I wrote it a long time
ago, then I immediately know to look above that line for where subsetexp
gets its expression. I like seeing eval() as
it makes it clearer what the programmer intended.

Matthew

news:22D850BC39A25742977325ADDE208E7702CB5CC1A0 at chiexchange02.w2k.jumptrading.com...