[Rd] Tips for debugging: R CMD check examples

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Wed Jun 30 15:29:58 CEST 2010

Hi, Hadley:

       1.  Is your memory clear when you run the examples successfully?
I.e., start with "rm(list=objects())", then try the examples that work
interactively but fail in "R CMD check".

       2.  Also, does "R CMD check" give any warnings, e.g., undefined
global, in addition to the error message?  If yes, fixing those might
also fix the error message.

       The suggestions of Deepayan and Sarker are excellent, but the two
things I suggests are more targeted and might work, so I'd try them first.

       Hope this helps.
       Spencer