[Rd] R logo as SVG ?

Jens Elkner jel+r at cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Mar 2 17:46:27 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:16:16PM +0100, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> >Jens Elkner wrote:
> >>BTW: screenshots I made from my desktop are available via
> >>http://iws.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~elkner/r/
> >Looks quite nice. I later realized that it would be a much better idea
> >to start by tracing the highest resolution bitmap from
> >
> >http://developer.r-project.org/Logo
> >
> >I now have a version that is only 48 K. It still needs a little touching
> >up to get a transparent background without destroying the highlighted
> >regions. I'm attaching it here, but it might not make it to r-devel.

Good work!!!

Still looks ok for me (so less is more ;-)). Added screenshots to
the URL above (new 49K based ones have a '2' at the end). For your
convinience/easier comparision I tied them together:
http://iws.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~elkner/r/menu.html
http://iws.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~elkner/r/nautilus.html

Regards,
jel.
--
Otto-von-Guericke University     http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/
Department of Computer Science   Geb. 29 R 027, Universitaetsplatz 2