[Rd] for help on building a R package with several R function and a bunch of c, c++

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 6 02:25:34 CET 2010

On 5 March 2010 at 13:15, alex46015 at yahoo.com wrote:
| Hope I can get quick help from here, I have a bunch of c, c++ included main function and makefile. It works well on both UNIX and windows. I tried to build R package which include this C++ program and several other R functions.  These R function here are independent  of c++ code. I prefer to define one R function to call this c++ program (main function).
|
| I know how to build R package with just R function, but I don't know how to handle those c++ c code after I copied those  code  in ./src, I am reading manual "Writing R Extensions" , but I did n't catch the key point . Do you know any easy way to do it? ,

When you asked _that exact same question_ this morning on r-help, you got the
following answer:

   From: Whit Armstrong <armstrong.whit at gmail.com>
   To: alex46015 at yahoo.com
   Cc: r-help at r-project.org
   Subject: Re: [R] for help on building a R package with several R function and a bunch of c, c++
   Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:33:54 -0500

   Pick up Rcpp, make your life easier.

   http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp.html

   -Whit

   On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:19 AM,  <alex46015 at yahoo.com> wrote:
   > Hope I can get quick help from here, I have a bunch of c, c++ included main function and makefile. It works well on both UNIX and windows. I tried to build R package which include this C++ program and several other R functions.  R function here are independent  c++ code. I prefer to define one R function to call this c++ program.
   >
   > Do you know any easy way to do it? I am reading manual "Writing R Extensions", I didn't catch the key point. I know how to build R package with just R function,  If I put all c++ code and makefile in /src...what I need do?
   >
   > Thank you in advance!
   >
   > Alex

Now, can you let us know

    a) what part of the answer was unclear to you, and

    b) what made you think you needed to repost _the identical question_ here

| Thank you in advance!

You're welcome.

Dirk

| Alex

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!