[Rd] Improved Nelder-Mead algorithm - a potential replacement for optim's Nelder-Mead

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Sat Mar 6 15:47:08 CET 2010

Dear Barry,

Thanks for your response.  The code is written in R language.

I had obtained permission from the author C.T. Kelley and the Publisher (SIAM) for releasing the R code under GPL-2 license.  I don't understand what else you'd need to study.   I can send you the actual email transactions, if you are interested in making this happen.

If there is no interest from any of the R-core members, I will just go ahead and release it as a separate package. My only reason for not doing that was that this potentially useful improvement to an already existing and widely-used algorithm will get lost in a sea of 2200+ packages.

Best regards,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,