[Rd] MaxDiff Scaling

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Tue Mar 9 15:47:45 CET 2010

sbrand <sbrand <at> mail.uri.edu> writes:
> Dear R List,
> I have found that R handles a remarkable number of analytic tasks that are
> overlooked by major commercial packages.  However, I have not found an R
> package that handles MaxDiff Scaling - does one exist?

This should probably have been sent to R-help and not R-devel.

I don't know about MaxDiff Scaling but there is a package
for Maximum Likelihood Difference Scaling called MLDS,
which is a related but somewhat more involved procedure.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/MLDS/

http://www.jstatsoft.org/v25/i02

Hope that is useful.

> Thanks in Advance,