[Rd] [R] Using R in a corporate envinronment

David M Smith david at revolution-computing.com
Wed Mar 10 20:07:33 CET 2010

If you're looking for business and technical justifications for a
business to adopt R, I wrote some up last year:
http://blog.revolution-computing.com/2009/02/how-to-get-it-to-accept-and-love-r.html

In summary:
R is mainstream
R is supported
R is high-quality
R leads commercial packages in innovation
R is cost effective

Ironically, for many companies #1 is more important than #5, so
pointing to other companies using R is often a good strategy (see
http://blog.revolution-computing.com/rmedia/ for some media articles
that may help).
And also (if I may indulge the list for a small plug) some companies
are more comfortable paying for open-source software than installing
it free of cost (for the support, validation, and so on). If that's
the case for your company, there's REvolution R Enterprise:
http://www.revolution-computing.com/products/revolution-enterprise.php

Hope this helps,
# David Smith

--