[Rd] Crash of latticeExtra graph with Adobe Acro Pro/Reader/Windows/ during print only (display ok).

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Mar 19 21:15:42 CET 2010

Kasper Daniel Hansen-2 wrote:

> Flattening usually has to do with converting transparent stuff when
> you convert from a format that supports it (pdf) to something like
> postscript.
>
> perl script:
>   http://tomas.rokicki.com/illbug/fixill.pl
> So my workflow is something like
>   make pdf from R
>   process the pdf using Illustrator, saving it as eps
>   ./fixill.pl bad.eps > good.eps

This would explain why it only turn up when I combine both many points AND a
shaded area from the smoother.

Arguments against it:

Why is it only a problem with pch=16 (the dot), and everything else works?
(or, maybe the error turns up with more points?).

Why is it not more frequently observed in ggplot2, where shading is used
more often (the algorithm is from ggplot2 anyway).

And, strangest of all: I by design tried some integer-overlapping
coordinates with rnunif, and could not create a non-working example.

And Foxit can do it? I will try on Linux

Dieter