[Rd] Using SVN + SSH on windows

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Sat Mar 27 15:12:29 CET 2010

Hi the list,
I try to use R-Forge for developping a projet. I am using tortoise SVN
(last version) but I do not manage to Commit. I read the R-Forge user
Manual and some post on  but I do not manage to find the solution. Here
is what I did:

 1/ I download 'puttygen.exe'. I generate a key (256 bits).
 2/ I save the private key in a file 'private.ppk' on my computer.
 3/ I copy-paste the public key on sourceforge
ssh-rsa
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAACEAobwycGGZrMZ39i7Vtrdk3ahN1hVw/tPoiShJGk1xjRs=
rsa-key-20100327
 4/ I wait two hours.
 5/ On my computer, I run 'pageant.exe'.
 6/ I click on 'Add key'. I load the file 'private.ppk'
 7/ I close 'pageant.exe' (still actif in the task bar).
 8/ I open explorer. I create a directory that is suppose to be the
local directoy for the projet.
 9/ I right-click on the directory. I open 'SVN checkout'
 10/ In 'URL of  repository:', I write :
'svn+ssh://christophe@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/kml3d'
(christophe is my accoung, kml3d is the project)
And...

...nothing happen. No bug, not warning, nothing.

I try several things: if I do
'svn://christophe@svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/kml3d', I do manage
to download the project. But then, I do not manage to upload some
modification.

I also see on some tutorial that we might need putty.exe or plink.exe. I
download them, but R-Forge user Manual do not mention them.

Any idea of what goes wrong ?

Thanks
Christophe