[Rd] Fwd: Compiling R with ATLAS

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Fri May 14 18:33:28 CEST 2010

(Resent as plain text, sorry)

Thank you.

I am doing it this way as I really do not know much about Linux, and I
would not know how to re-compile Rblas and Rlapack with the ATLAS BLAS
and tuned LAPACK after I install the precompiled packages through
synaptic. This way, ostensibly, I should be compiling it from scratch
so it should work. Also, this way, I can compile R itself with
optimization and -march=native to squeeze out whatever speed I can
from my machine.

Any advice would be very much appreciated, and thank you for pointing
me to the correct list.

--Avi