[Rd] R CMD check

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon May 17 08:46:43 CEST 2010

sahil seth wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been finding clues on the internet to understand the reason for this warning.
> The package i have made, builds, installs and works well, except for this warning when I check it:
>
> When I run:
> R CMD check mypack_1.0.tar.gz
> ... ... .. ..
> * checking R code for possible problems ... NOTE
> Found possibly global 'T' or 'F' in the following functions:
>   HWE procRef readMartFile readPhase2File
> .. ... ..
>

> I have several other functions in the package, but the warning is for this subset.
>
> I am trying to find a common thing within this subset, and cant figure out one to go after it.
>
> Thanks a lot for the help.

Look for spots where you sloppily have used, say, na.rm=T instead of
na.rm=TRUE.

This kind of construction will break if something redefines T/F
globally, hence the warning. (The code checker heuristics first looks a
local definition of T or F, in which case things are fine, or at least
not wrong for this particular reason.)

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501