[Rd] SVN vs DVCS

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed May 26 11:44:44 CEST 2010

    > On second thoughts it is really none of my business how the R sources
    > are managed.
    > But I would encourage package developers and/or r-forge maintainers to
    > consider these systems.

Thank you, Felix, for the compilation of these alternatives.

One very relevant piece of information that you've not added,
is, how easily one could *move* from svn to such a system
(including the full history of every file with revision numbers,
 log messages, etc),
and .. for R-forge, e.g., which of these provide nice and
flexible tools (as svn does) for an automatic web interface to
inspect file histories, differences, etc.

Regards,
Martin  ( maintainer of svn.r-project.org )