[Rd] Bug with ..0

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun May 30 22:31:23 CEST 2010

On 30/05/2010 3:44 PM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> Note that ?Reserved lists ..1, ..2, to ..9 but does not list ..0.

Which version are you looking at? Mine says "‘..1’, ‘..2’ etc," In fact,
the code just looks for the pattern of two dots followed by something
that can be converted to a long; see isDDName in src/main/dstruct.c.
> Also, why is it reserved?  What is the future intended use?

As far as I know, there is none. It is reserved simply because it
follows the pattern of "..n". It would not be hard to make ..0 specially
unreserved, but what would be the point?

Duncan Murdoch