[Rd] SEXPs and slots

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Mon Nov 15 17:46:42 CET 2010

> 2.  Any good references/resources for developing R?  Nearly all the
> documents I've found are for programming R as a user, not as a developer.  I
> have copies of the documentation, which are very helpful, but it'd be
> helpful to have additional resources to fill in their gaps.

The best advice I've received is to use Rcpp:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4106174/where-can-i-learn-to-how-to-write-c-code-to-speed-up-slow-r-functions.
 It provides a consistent api for C <-> R conversions and so is much
easier to learn.  Dirk and Romain are also churning out the
documentation, so there are lots of examples to learn from.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/